Monday, June 23, 2008

fuck th3 w0rld!

This morning, the title bar of the Economist print edition was "fuck th3 w0rld!" I wish I had taken a screencap, because after a few clicks on the "refresh" button, it was back to the usual "Print Edition." Still, it sure woke me up.

Speaking of waking up, I was wide awake at 3 AM this morning due to my very early bedtime. 8:30 PM, to be exact. I know, I am an old lady. Sunday nights are the best for being an old lady. Friday and Saturday nights? Not so much. So, a brief recap:

Friday night my dear roommate Neil, his friends and I went to Circa, the biggest and supposedly best nightclub in all of Toronto. Well, I'll give credit where it's due: it sure is big. Three floors, with an escalator leading up from the main floor to the second (or third?). The dj that night was alright, but the music was a bit slow to get started. By 1 AM though it was all very good.

Saturday night, well...Neil and I were invited to a party at the second floor of Rivoli, a restaurant-bar-lounge on Queen Street West. I had coffee at Rivoli and got all pumped to party, only to go upstairs to find that a) we didn't know anyone there, and b) it wasn't really a dancing party. So we walked home in light rain at around 2 AM, and collapsed.

Sunday was good, we had lunch at Spring Rolls restaurant on Dundas, near Yonge and Dundas Square (pictures to come from that later!) with mutual friends Craig and Jasmine...who, may I add, are one of the cutest and sweetest couples I know.


The cute couple, in person!


Aw, fag + his hag


My mango salad...I was surprised to find that it was actually a salad consisting entirely of mango strips. I was expecting some slices of mango in a regular salad, but...well. The "fish sauce" it was supposed to come in was completely nonexistent, though.


Obligatory group shot.

So now its Monday morning and I am looking forward to a new week of 9-5 excitement. I am really feeling that Michael Gray song "The weekend."

No comments: