Tuesday, July 15, 2008

a hyperbolic ode

Michael Ondaatje.

I want to marry you and your beautiful brain and soul and emotional history. Where in the world did you go, what did you see, feel, hear, breathe, smell, touch to get this gift you have of writing such lush prose? Sometimes I stop reading to ponder how you even come up with certain turns of phrase, metaphors so strikingly original and mildly cryptic, like a deeper wisdom that I feel I am too young to appreciate until I go back to that same passage years and years from now. Then maybe my face will light up with a shadow of understanding, that "Ahhh" moment.

But most of all, I love you because you help me forget everything- including myself. I wish you could be immortal so that you can keep leading me into the deep woods, getting me lost with my full permission.

P.S. Divisadero.

No comments: