Thursday, July 24, 2008

an ode, to fruit


I love fruit, but apples and bananas are the ones I consume most. There's something so satisfying about biting into a crisp, sweet Royal Gala apple that is incomparable to anything on this earth. I can say the same for biting into a perfectly ripened yet still firm banana. Whenever I am ordering a smoothie, I always go for one with bananas because it adds that extra creamy sweetness that nothing else comes close to replicating.

Of course, there are many other types of fruit that I love to eat, but they are seasonal and prone to my whims, whereas I can eat apples and bananas at any time throughout the year. Mangoes, oranges, watermelons, cherries, nectarines, peaches, pineapples, cantaloupes, honeydew melons, grapes, plums, and strawberries are all on my list of fruit that's good for eatin', but in the end I always go back to my classic red and yellow.

People should really eat more fruit- natural reds and yellows, as opposed to those printed on containers of greasy french fries and hamburgers of a certain fast-food chain corporation which shall go unnamed here. Think of how different the United States of America could be if everyone did replace their red-and-yellow containers of harmful, artificial "food" for wholesome apples and bananas! It would transform the country into a more prosperous, healthier nation of smiling Americans (because apples keep your teeth strong!) with marvelously well-adjusted bowel movements.

Mmm, now I am craving an apple and a banana.

No comments: